St James College is a Catholic school in the Lasallian tradition where excellence, integrity and respect are highly valued. At St James College we engage young men in positive learning relationships, which meet individual needs and give all young men opportunities for success.
MissionThe mission of St James College is to assist parents in nurturing the spiritual, personal and academic growth of each young man in an atmosphere of FAITH, CARE, SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT within the Catholic tradition.
We seek to uphold the Lasallian tradition of education and to be faithful to the teachings of the founder, St John Baptist De La Salle, by providing a Catholic Education to young men, especially the poor and the marginalised.The College strives to cater for individual needs so that young men will become constructive members of the wider community. Responsibility and commitment are encouraged by instilling a sense of pride in themselves and the College.
St James College aims to assist parents with the education of their sons by:
- Fostering a cooperative process involving shared responsibility between teachers, parents and young men, in an atmosphere of mutual respect and concern for one another.
- Nurturing faith by providing knowledge, and experiences of prayer, liturgy and the sacraments, as part of the Religious Education Program.
- Promoting a community where Christian values are lived and taught.
- Encouraging an understanding and acceptance of individuals and their differences.
- Providing a contemporary education which is sensitive to a wide range of abilities and changes in society.
- Encouraging young men in their pursuit of excellence through advanced subjects & courses, and through the provision of programs tailored to individual needs.
- Providing opportunities for young men to adopt significant and meaningful leadership roles within the life of the College.